In the Extensions tab you will find the files of the following types:
- Installations – files that are used to set up programs. App Cleaner displays a list of installation files stored on the Startup disk. You can remove unneeded files to clean your disk space.
- Web Browser Extensions – small software programs that can modify and enhance the functionality of a web browser. They can change the user interface of the web browser without directly affecting the viewable content of a web page. App Cleaner displays extensions for installed web browsers and allows to uninstall extensions.
- Screen Savers – programs that fill the screen when the computer is not in use. App Uninstaller displays installed screen savers and allows you to remove them to free up disk space.
- Preference Panes – special dynamically loaded plugins to customize working of some installed services or applications. The app displays installed Preference Panes and allows you to completely remove them together with their service files.
- Internet Plugins – program components that add specific features for Internet browsing. App Cleaner displays installed plugins and allows you to remove them. Please be careful when you remove system plugins because it may harm the system operations.
- Widgets – simple and easy-to-use programs launched by the Dashboard app. Please be careful when removing core widgets because they do not spread separately and can only be installed with the system.
With App Cleaner & Uninstaller you can remove unneeded extensions on your Mac. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Extensions section.
- Select the unneeded extensions and click the Remove button to delete them completely. Next to the extension type, you can see how many items you have selected – the number in the circle.