MacCleaner Pro is a software program that analyzes your Mac disk space usage and allows you to clean up and speed up your system.
Since the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, for security reasons, Apple requires that you manually grant access to your apps to operate the user`s files. That’s why, when you launch MacCleaner Pro for the first time, you will need to grant access to your folders to let the program scan your disk. You will see the following message
Now, we will explain how to grant access to MacCleaner Pro to your data so as to use the program for your tasks.
Before we start, note that you can click the link right in the pop-up window in the app to open Privacy settings. In this case, skip the first three steps from our guide.
Here is how to grant Full Disk Access to the app:
- Open System Preferences and go to Security & Privacy.
- Switch to the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down the list of items on the left and find and select Full Disk Access.
- Click the Lock icon in the bottom left corner to make changes. It will require your password.
- Drag and drop MacCleaner Pro to the list of apps with Full Disk Access. You can also add MacCleaner Pro by clicking the Plus “+” button and selecting the app from the Applications folder.
- Click the lock again to save the changes.
If you don’t grant Full Disk Access to MacCleaner Pro, the app will scan your disk but you will not be able to operate some categories of files. In this case, you will see the appropriate mark next to these items. Take a look at the screenshot.
If you want to remove these files, click on Grant Access and follow the steps we provided to allow the app to remove selected files.
If you have any questions about MacCleaner Pro, contact our support team. We will be happy to assist you.