In this article, we’ll explain how Neeva AI works, why it failed, and how to uninstall the Neeva browser from your Mac.
- What is the Neeva search engine?
- Why was Neeva taken down?
- How to uninstall Neeva on Mac manually
- How to uninstall Neeva with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Before we start
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a program that helps you completely uninstall applications on Mac, without leaving any traces behind.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
What is the Neeva search engine?
Neeva was a paid search engine that promised to deliver high-quality results without ads, trackers, or bias. It was founded by two former Google executives, Sridhar Ramaswamy and Vivek Raghunathan, who wanted to challenge the dominance of Google Search.
Neeva first offered its service with no ads for a subscription fee of $4.95 per month. Later, Neeva wanted to expand its user base and began offering a free basic subscription.
Neeva also used artificial intelligence to generate answers to some queries.
Why was Neeva taken down?
Neeva’s developers were trying to attract and retain users, who were used to the free and convenient Google Search. However, they had to deal with Google’s tactics to make itself the default search engine on most devices and browsers. All their attempts were unsuccessful with a giant like Google. In May 2023, Neeva announced that it was shutting down its search engine. Now, Neeva AI is a part of Snowflake, a cloud data platform company.
How to uninstall Neeva on Mac manually
When you delete apps by dragging and dropping them into the Trash, their support files remain on your Mac. To completely uninstall the Neeva browser, you’ll also need to find all its related files. Here’s how:
- Quit the Neeva browser.
- Go to the Applications folder and remove Neeva from there.
- In Finder, press the Cmd+Shift+G shortcut.
- In the window that appears, type ~/Library and press Enter.
- In the Library folder, check the subfolders below and find all files associated with Neeva. Delete them.
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
- ~/Library/Application Scripts
- Once you’ve removed all Neeva-related files, empty your Trash.
How to uninstall Neeva with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
A much easier and quicker way to completely uninstall the Neeva browser is to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. App Cleaner & Uninstaller automatically finds all support files of any application on a Mac. Even if you already removed Neeva manually, you can use the uninstaller to find its leftover files.
Here’s how to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to uninstall Neeva.
- Quit Neeva and launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- In the list of apps on the left, locate and select Neeva.
- Click the Uninstall button and confirm deletion.
If you want to find Neeva’s remaining files after manually deleting it, go to the Remaining Files section in App Cleaner & Uninstaller. Here, select Neeva-related files and click to remove them.