SoundflowerBed is an application for Mac, designed to create a virtual audio output or input device. If you need to uninstall SoundflowerBed from your Mac, this article is just for you. We will share two methods on how to correctly uninstall SoundflowerBed with all its support files.
- How to uninstall SoundflowerBed using the Script Editor.
- Remove Soundflowerbed manually.
- Remove Soundflowerbed automatically.
Important notes and the methodology used to uninstall Soundflower from Mac:
- You should quit SoundflowerBed before the removal process to prevent bumps on the road of an app uninstallation.
- For the complete removal of SoundflowerBed on Mac, it is important to find and remove all of its support files from your system.
- Before writing this article, we first uninstalled SoundflowerBed using the special script that comes with the installation file. Then we checked Mac for the SoundflowerBed’s remaining files using App Cleaner & Uninstaller and discovered that the script does not uninstall the application completely and leaves leftovers on your system.
- You can find and remove SoundflowerBed’s service files manually or do this in a few clicks with App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
How to uninstall SoundflowerBed using the Script Editor
In the archive file you downloaded to install SoundflowerBed on your Mac you will find a file called Uninstall Soundflower. You can use this script file to uninstall SoundflowerBed from your Mac.
- Open the SoundflowerBed archive file.
- Run the Uninstall SoundflowerBed.scpt file.
- Click the Play button. If prompted, enter your user password. The script will run and uninstall the SoundflowerBed application from your Mac. You will see a message “Done!” on the bottom.
Please note, despite the fact that this script comes officially from the developers, it does not uninstall SoundflowerBed completely. You then have to check your Mac for its remaining files and remove them. You can do it with the help of App Cleaner & uninstaller or do it manually. Below you will learn how to remove Soundflower on Mac with all its service files.
How to manually uninstall SoundflowerBed from Mac
Please, carefully follow each step from this guide to completely remove SoundflowerBed from your Mac:
- Quit SoundflowerBed before removal. For this, right-click on the SoundflowerBed icon in the toolbar and select Quit SoundflowerBed.
- Go to the Applications folder and move SoundflowerBed into the Trash.
- Now you need to find and remove Sounflowerbed’s remaining files. For this, in Finder press the Command+Shift+G shortcut and navigate to the ~/Library location using the “Go to the Folder” search field.
- Reboot your Mac and Soundflowerbed will be uninstalled completely from your Mac.
Check for the SoundflowerBed remaining files. They contain the “soundflower” word in their names. They can be stored in the following folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Application Scripts
Then check these locations for SoundflowerBed’s service files:
In our case, we found many remaining files In the “private” folder. Take a look at the screenshot below.
- After deleting all of the unneeded service files related with SoundflowerBed, empty your Trash and reboot your Mac. SoundflowerBed will be uninstalled completely from your Mac.
How to remove SoundflowerBed using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is an advanced tool for program removal that allows you to remove applications from Mac completely with all their service files in several clicks. You don’t have to search for leftovers manually. App Cleaner & Uninstaller will automatically do this job for you.
Steps on how to completely uninstall SoundflowerBed from Mac:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select SoundflowerBed from the list of scanned apps.
- Click to remove SoundflowerBed.
- Confirm the action.
If you have already used the script to uninstall SoundflowerBed, switch to the Remaining Files tab. You will find there all of the leftover files of already removed applications right there, on one screen.